Thursday 16 December 2010

Poetry and Prose

To keep poetry and prose seperate, I have opened a new blog called The Bridge where you can follow poetry and post your own comments and poems at http://www.poetrybridges.blogspot.com. I look forward to reading your posts.

Whether we write for personal development, pleasure or profit, we all need a little encouragement from time to time. The life of a writer can be an isolated and lonely one...it is hard to complete a piece of work if we are surrounded by others. However, today's writer has advantages of those who wrote during the days of typewriters, and that is 'portability'. With the advent of notebooks, you can now choose to take your work to more sociable venues such as coffee shops, libraries, arts centres, pubs (as long as you don't imbibe too much of the muse) and, even the public park if you have a dongle. I take my notebook out and about when I have writing administration tasks to perform; by doing this, I have killed the idea that writing is a lonely art-form.

Nowadays there is another effective way to reduce the effects of writer's isolation...join an online writing community that provides both social connection and useful feedback in a safe environment...and what I mean by that is, no one will steal your creation. If you are needing some inspiration and support, visit http://www.writing.com/.

I look forward to seeing you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment